AstroGab

Astrophotographers hangout. Invite friends and notice chat bar on bottom.

AstroGab Forum (87)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone want to play with some data for M82

It happens to be the only thing visible from my apartment balcony observatory so its all I have data for yet. M81 is also next to it and i…

Started by Michael Hester

1 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by samiam

Jeff Mcfarlin for President 2012...

Man that guy got on my computer remotely and tried to fix my setup and discovered the issue is that my moonlite controller is broken. Jeff…

Started by Charles Dunlop

5 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Trevor Woodrow

Ccdware

Who uses this and how do they like it? Is this the best software or is maxim dl?

11 Apr 16, 2011
Reply by Emil Kolbert

focusing around a field flattener on an SCT

The edge HD optics have an issue. Attaching a crayford focuser will might not work as the field flattener on the edge HD has about 1/4 inc…

0 Apr 13, 2011

Windows 7

Lot of my astronomy software had big issues with windows 7. Anyone else find the same?

3 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Charles Dunlop

What AP processing software do you use?

Personally, I was always a fan of GIMP (Which I write plugins for) but I recently bought PixInsight, which is outstanding. How about you g…

Started by Conor

22 Apr 10, 2011
Reply by Arie Nagel

A cool little video of processing a Hubble image

This is from discovermagazine.com "BadAstronomy". Pretty cool little video... http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/03/24/cra

Started by Steve Coates

2 Apr 6, 2011
Reply by Jeff McFarlin

Finally Got Out!

Finally, after being unable to get out and image for several months (tropical weather compounded by work and my son's football season) I wa…

Started by Trevor Woodrow

0 Apr 4, 2011

JMI autofocuser

Does anyone use this? Thinking of getting one. Like the other company Moonlite but they never returned my email, so now I'm interested in J…

14 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by Trevor Woodrow

Cable Management

i've got a ton of cables running around my mount. unfortunately for me, the cGEM has cables that go on it that move as the scope slews, whi…

3 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Charles Dunlop

RSS

About

© 2024   Created by Charles Dunlop.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service