AstroGab

Astrophotographers hangout. Invite friends and notice chat bar on bottom.

Hi Everyone,

Great site, hats off to the designers. All of my images to date have been done with an old Sony F-828 digital camera. The camera has it's limits, one of them being 30 exposure max and no ability to turn off the noise reduction so I have been researching for the last couple of months about a new camera setup of either a CCD or DSLR. Because there is another learning curve with all the other software with guiding, stacking and so on I have decided to go the cheaper route to learn all the other things first. I have recently aquired three SPC880NC webcams and the adapters to go with. I am going to flash them to become SPC900NC webcams and also going to modify 2 of them for long exposure so to make a long story short, what do I need to interface between the laptop and the guide port on my CGEM-800 so I do not damage the inner workings of my mounts computer? Thanks for any help, Phil

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Hop, this is some really great info you have here, very much appreciated. I am looking forward to seeing how the webcam works as a guider, thanks again for the info.

RSS

About

© 2024   Created by Charles Dunlop.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service