AstroGab

Astrophotographers hangout. Invite friends and notice chat bar on bottom.

Anyone have this optical tube. I just got the 1100 HD. I've heard it's tricky to get the stars to align perfectly on the CCD chip so that they are circular throught he field of view. Anyone heard this also?

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry bro, wish I had such problems.

tr
I have the same scope, but I have not had a chance to really dive in and use it yet. Once I get it all set up and give it a go, I'll let you know how it goes.
I've used both Nebulosity and Maxim and Arcturus always comes out on my screen very circular. It looks very nice.

So I had a chance to try my 1100HD with the Starlight Xpress H9C. My biggest concern is that I can't seem to take a shot longer than 5 seconds, then the tracking starts to slip bad enough where the stars are oblong and blurred. I am still working on focusing, but I do know the tracking slips. For example, if I will center the M51 galaxy in Nebulosity, and after I take about 20 ten second shots, it will be completely out of the Nebulosity Frame and Focus crosshairs by then. Don't know if you use Nebulosity, so I'm not sure you'll understand what I just described.

I usually do a 2 star alignment with Arcturus and Dubhe, then Calibrate with Vega and Antares. I need to learn how to do a Polar alignment to make this better. I bought an SXV autoguider, but its backordered so I will just have to wait and see if this fixes the problem.

RSS

About

© 2024   Created by Charles Dunlop.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service